Monday, June 1, 2009

speaking of gay people...

All this overturning of domestic partnerships and civil unions across the country got me a little fired up about equal rights.

Pardon my sarcastic rant:

I'm not gay. There has been some contrasting speculation, but that's a ridiculous stereotype...founded on my tendency to often make out with other girls. Even that's not gay because my eyes are always closed tight the whole time, and even less gay because I usually think about how the other girls ass feels in my hands, instead of the actual kiss. Ok, so I am gay. But I am not an activist for gay rights. You could indeed say that, when it comes to gays and homosexuality: I do not care. Don't care at all. I don't understand why anybody does really.

I read this online argument between two people, one of whom wasn't retarded, and the other was really trying for the case. "Gays are taking over the country." That was very interesting to me. Still is. I wondered what she meant by that. Gays are taking over? "Taking over" to me, implies some kind of malicious intentions and agenda. You know, like total domination and enslaving and such that I don't think the gay community generally upholds or practices or anything. Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe thats what the rainbow represents to us: Total Domination. The red represents bloodshed of heterosexuals. The orange represents, well, something just as reprehensible that I don't even know about. Maybe some extreme longing to set all straight couples and their children on fire. Awesome. Hilarious.

The next words spoken by that lady: "They think they can just push straight people around and pressure them".

Oh, I get it now. And as she continued to go on and on, I understood better. Gay people are taking over, in that they seek equality and acceptance (and I'd even settle for the word tolerance) and all kinds of other crazy shit. I don't want to lie to you dudes and dudettes, and pretend I'm some champion for gay rights, but where does this kind of mentality come from? Gays are taking over??? Very truly, I wouldn't mind if right around 40% of the people in this country just stopped living. I don't want to actually kill all of them, because I'm not really feeling up to the effort that large-scale genocide probably requires, but I really wouldn't mind if everybody who thinks like the aforementioned bitch suddenly experienced some kind of polarity reversal in their personal gravity and just floated away.

Arguments people have made:

Gay couples cannot procreate.

Fantastic. Is there some baby shortage I'm unaware of, or...what's the problem here? Rest assured boys and betties; we aren't at risk of running out of babies anytime soon. Heterosexuals are still horny. And active. I've seen it (mostly in porn). No worries there, but I am worried, specifically, that we might soon run out of Christian babies. Lately it's as if potential parents have been distracted by all those protesters and wannabe rogue revolutionists. But hey, nothing is more purposeful or enjoyable than protesting in a vacant field when it is nine degrees outside.

Gay relationships and marriages are immoral.

Don't waste my time on this one, and I won't waste yours by writing about morality and marriage with straight couples. Heaven forbid I get in the way of the sanctity of Britney Spears' 55 hour Vegas wedding.

There is no 'gay gene'/nobody has to be gay.

Malarkey. Just because it hasn't been scientifically proven that I'm aware of doesn't mean that... oh wait, YES IT HAS.

That I'm aware, I have no gene that contributes to an obsession with boobs, but just the same I really wouldn't begrudge more flamboyant members of my community the right to get fired 13 times for feeling up men. Genotype or not, nurture vs. nature; when was any of genetics adopted to be part of the criteria for dictating liberties?

"You can't be gay because you dont have a gene influencing that!!" I'm going to do some research and am very interested to find some application of this science and logic in the 50's and 60s when blacks were seeking equality. You know, sort of like "Um...son? Science shows that there is no gene that makes you people want to sit towards the front of the bus, so the answer is no".

It makes just as much sense in either context, and quite frankly I am starting to lose all hope in humanity.